Monday, November 26, 2012

What are your menopause symptoms?

A quick Internet search for peri and menopause symptoms returned hundreds of results.
Though i believe i am experiencing the whole gamut of them, not all these symptoms are unpleasant and unwelcome.

Which symptoms bother you the most? And which ones don't? I would like to know.

As far as i am concerned, joint stiffness, mood swings, irregular periods, fatigue and a sense of doom and gloom are the most troublesome.
What i don't mind is a slight weight gain (i have always been very thin), a yoyo sex drive (i like the ups!), insomnia (i get things done at night when my flat is quiet and then sleep in until i am sufficiently rested)  hot flashes - i usually feel cold when the thermometer falls below 25 C so i  welcome any opportunity to break a sweat and get rid of some toxins through my skin.

2 comments:

  1. some symptoms really affect my quality of life. Depression, anxiety, mood swings, headaches, fatigue, forgetfulness and weight gain (in the wrong places!)
    I don't mind the fact that my periods are more spaced out and lighter. I haven't experienced hot flashes yet, so i cannot comment on their impact. My libido may have changed, but it's hard to tell because i am currently single and haven't been sexually active for a couple of years. BTW, great blog. Very inspirational and informative. I appreciate the therapeutic angle of yoga that you provide in your entries. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now 51, my periods stopped when i was 49. So far I haven't experienced hot flashes, but i am troubled by vaginal dryness, lack of libido, stiff joints (especially in the morning) insomnia and depression. I feel I have suddenly become old. My skin is drier and wrinkles have become deeper and more noticeable. I am not on HRT, but none of the natural supplements I am taking seem to make any difference. Before the menopause I was more active, worked out three times a week and went for a 10k run every Sunday. Now I have no energy, all I want to do after work is curl up with a book.

    ReplyDelete