chandra bhedi pranayama
- Sit on your favourite seating position Asana in a well ventilated room free from any distractions. Keep the waist, back, neck and spine erect.
- Keep the breathing exercise easy, do not tax your body.
- Close the right nostril with the thumb of your right hand.
- Inhale slowly through the left nostril and fill up your lungs to maximum capacity. Hold your breath for a few seconds, just as long as it is comfortable to do so.
- Exhale slowly through the right nostril.
- Keep the ratio of time taken for inhalation, retention of breath and exhalation as (1:4:2).
- Beginners should not hold the breath, but should keep the ratio of inhalation-exhalation as (1:2).
- Then repeat by closing the left nostril. It should be pressed with the ring finger of your right hand. Keep the other hand on your knee.
- If we call this one set. Repeat five sets and gradually increase to ten sets.
- Reduces body heat.
- Encourages relaxation and sleep.